Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What's wrong with my Sims 3 game?

After trying to mod my Sims 3 game, the game had horribly messed up. At first, it wouldn't let me play and said that my graphics card wasn't compatible with the game. I quit and re-entered again, and no graphics pop-up showed up, but my two save files were missing. I went out and deleted all the mods, by reversing the extracting effect and such. When I went back to my game, they were still gone. I looked further into the issue, and managed to come across the backup file, since I couldn't find it. (I have Windows 7 and I've had issues finding EVERYTHING on this computer.) Eventually, I found the backup file, and got the game files back via deleting the main file and replacing it with the backup. I started up the game again to see my files there, but my family wouldn't show up, but it had my two town names. The family that showed up was a dotted outline of a family, named Ramirez. This of course, is not any of my families. I realized that the file missing was the WHATEVERITWAS.sims3 file. So I entered that, and indeed my families returned. However, I noticed that the game colors are different and the graphics are kind of slow. The color palettes of my Sims clothing are pale and their movements are glitchy. Any way I can fix this? BTW, in Windows 7, there are 2 Electronic Arts folders, one in Documents and one in Program Files. In Program Files, I have the two town files saved, as well as the WHATEVERITWAS file, but my game didn't regenerate another backup file for either of the towns. Also, on the Documents Electronic Arts Saves folder, there are two files that show my town name with .legacy at the end? What should I do to fix my game? The colors are really going to bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment